It's almost here. The Open starts tonight or early tomorrow depending upon where you are in the world. With Golf Channel at the helm of their "British Open" coverage, we will have nonstop action starting at at 1:30am ET.
Strap in and get ready for Johnny Miller telling you how much better he would have hit every shot. Also, we're setting the over/under of him referencing the 1976 Open Championship at Royal Birkdale at 57 times for the 4 day broadcast.
Below you'll find everything you need to know for tomorrow, and a few things you may have missed today.
Coverage, Pin Positions and Tee Times
Thursday's first round coverage
- 1:30 a.m.-4 p.m. -- Golf Channel
- 1:30 a.m.-4 p.m. -- Golf Channel broadcast simulcast stream
- 1:30-11:30 a.m. -- "First Tee" stream
- 3 a.m.-1:30 p.m. -- Featured holes stream, Nos. 6 to 8 (famous Postage Stamp par-3)
- 4:03 a.m. -- Jordan Spieth/ Justin Rose / Shane Lowry
- 9:15 a.m. -- Zach Johnson/ Adam Scott / Henrik Stenson
- 3 a.m.-1 p.m. -- Sirius XM PGA Tour Radio (Ch. 92/208)
Snubbing the Mountain Man
Whoever is running Instagram for The Open must not have been alive when Justin Leonard won at Royal Troon in 1997. Either that or they just didn't recognize The Mountain Man (@jlmountainman), which is understandable.
How many more sleeps? Just 1 (thank Kaymer-nator) or none if you're going to stay up on Red Bull, caffeine, or other substances that may be banned by golf in the future.